Trust Capstone for successful NG9-1-1 transition planning & delivery.
How Capstone will help you achieve a seamless transition to NG9-1-1.
Our team has in-depth knowledge of the Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) technical requirements, NENA standards, CRTC progress and timelines, Bell/Telco governance and implementation/transition options suitable for Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs). Having conducted NG9-1-1 market scans (RFI) and procurements (RFP) we bring our knowledge and experience to bear throughout the procurement, vendor assessment, technology evaluations, service package appraisal and vendor contracting support. We continue with collaborative implementation planning, solution testing and cutover for a seamless transition to NG9-1-1 technology, processes supported with updated training materials provided by the vendor and adjusted for the unique aspects of each client’s technology implementation. Fundamentally, successful NG9-1-1 transition planning and delivery involves moving from current state to future state with absolutely no impact to existing services and operations.
Through our engagements, we ensure each transition involves:
- An in-depth understanding of current state
- Future state planning
- Gap analysis
- Initial risk analysis
- Coordinated communications in alignment with recommended change management plan
- Procurement of the NG9-1-1 solution (RFP development)
- Implementation planning
- Facility upgrade oversight
- Solution implementation, configuration, and testing oversight
- Release management to ensure only successfully tested solution functions and features move from the development, to testing, and then to the production environment
- Change management
- Cutover and rollout planning and management
- Public relations and communications
- Privacy strategies to safeguard personal information within the system and organization
- Cyber security
In addition, the Capstone NG9-1-1 Modernization team has a wealth of ready-to-use documents and templates to ensure the most efficient use of our engagement and resource time.
- PSAP Assessment Checklist Request for Proposal (RFP)- general outline template pre-populated with standard content for a jump start on the procurement documentation
- Requirements Spreadsheet Template – technical, functional, and non-functional requirements that make up 80% of standardized NG9-1-1 technology procurement requests. These include requirements addressing NENA standards on privacy and security.
- Procurement Evaluation materials – templated and ready to adjust for individual RFP response and demonstration evaluations
Nova Scotia Emergency Management Office recommends the services of Capstone Project Solution Inc. and the NG9-1-1 Modernization Practice team. Their engagement in current state assessment, future state planning, stakeholder engagement, privacy analysis and cybersecurity exceed expectations.”
- Hon. David A. Wilson ECNS
Director Provincial 911