Capstone Project Solutions is invested in the promotion and practice of sustainability in the workplace. We understand that the earths resources are finite and encourage our employees to manage and take accountability for their impact on these resources.
Our Guiding Principles
- To comply with, and exceed where practical, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimize the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To review and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
Practical Steps to Put These Principles into Practice
Travel and Meetings
- Avoid physically travelling to meetings etc. where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing or web cams, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips. These options are also often more time efficient, while not sacrificing the benefits of regular contact with clients and partners.
- To reduce the need to travel to meetings and elsewhere, and facilitate regular client contact, we will provide free training webinars to clients to attend at any time.
- Reduce the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements, including home working etc., and promote the use of public transport by locating our offices in accessible locations.
Purchase of Equipment and Consumption of Resources
- Minimize our use of paper and other office consumables, for example by avoiding printing, using double-siding printing function where possible, maintaining documents electronically and identifying other opportunities to reduce waste.
- As much as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and good housekeeping.
- Seek to purchase electricity from a supplier committed to renewable energy. Seek to maximize the proportion from renewable energy sources, whilst also supporting investment in new renewable energy schemes.
- Purchase fair-trade and/or organic beverages.